Volunteer Funding Officer
UK based - fundraiser for MEP
Volunteer Funding Officer.
Mobile Education Partnerships (MEP) work in communities suffering from the effects of poverty, oppression and conflict throughout Myanmar. MEP provides sustainable high-quality teacher training programmes which help young people gain access to further and higher education.
MEP is looking for a Volunteer Funding Officer to lead the delivery of key funding for the implementation of an education projects on the Thai/Myanmar border and in Myanmar. These projects will provide teacher training and Cambridge English courses to teachers in one of the most deprived and difficult to reach parts of the world.
* to develop concept notes and proposals with support from the Programme Funding Advisor
* co-ordinate with our team and partner organisations to gain programme detail and ensure quality content
* develop donor reports and ensure donor requirements are being met.
* to manage a pipeline of funders, both existing and prospective with the opportunity to secure medium size grants
* experience of fundraising within trusts and foundations
* experience of writing reports and compiling accurate budgets
* relationship management skills
As a volunteer you will be part of a small fundraising team and be able to work remotely from any part of the UK with flexible hours (3 hours a week). You would receive an induction from the Executive Director, regular support from the Programme Manager and guidance from our Programme Funding Advisor.
MEP can provide expenses for materials, travel etc. If possible, we like long-term volunteers to visit the projects and would look at how we could support such a visit. Please visit our website for more details and evidence of the work we do in Myanmar http://www.mobileeducationpartnerships.org/
To apply, please contact Rob Gordon (Programme Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07770575665